Engineering is hard work! You’ll definitely have challenges and obstacles along the way.
1. Get Advice: Meet with an adviser at least once a semester! If you receive an email from the college or your department expressing concern about your progress you are expected to respond! Early intervention is critical.
2. Be informed & take the lead:
- Are my study skills working for me?
- Is the schedule I have set for myself working?
- Do I know about all the resources available to me?
3. Work lecture-to-lecture not exam-to-exam. Do not let deadlines or exam dates drive your motivation and schedule. Working lecture-to-lecture will allow you to really learn the material, ask questions, and will eliminate unnecessary stress and frustration.
4. ASK QUESTIONS ALONG THE WAY! It is never the wrong time or the wrong question to ask any adviser.
“Study Guides and Strategies.” Study Guides and Strategies. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Aug. 2014. <http://www.studygs.net/index.htm>.