Skip to content
Required knowledge skills and abilities
- Abilities to work with a diverse group of college students.
- Possess good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Patience and a strong desire to help students achieve their goals.
- Knowledge of basic academic skills application and the ability to demonstrate the successful application of various academic skills.
- Ability to work independently applying critical thinking skills and problem solving to various situations.
- Previous experience in educational settings is valued, but not required.
- Currently enrolled student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Completion of at least 24 credit hours of undergraduate coursework
- Must have received a B or higher on targeted course at Illinois
- Must be in good academic standing (3.0 GPA or higher).
- Engage in academic activities with students either one-on-one or in groups.
- Assists students in the development of appropriate study skills.
- Maintains consistent communication with supervisory staff and peers.
- Models appropriate academic attitudes and behaviors to staff, faculty and students.
Applications accepted every spring & fall semester, just before spring/fall break.